Saturday, July 28, 2012

The day after I saw the light, walking in an occupied zone.

Note, this is ment to be ironic, if someone would miss that!


Anti-Flag among others become the Boss best friend,
Picture taken from the American Staff Blog by the Pittsburg Gazette  

The day after I saw the light aka Rancid at West Coast Riot I woke up in an occupied city. The Riot was over, now the troops of Bruce Springsteen fans invade. The media was already taken over, they cover every move the Boss take, Gothenburg have been declared as a vassal state to New Jersy. While deadly tired and happy punks check out at the hostel, the Springsteens fans check in. Not a Turbojugend to be seen today. Just people in Rancid, Anti Flag, Street Dogs tour T-shirts heading for the trains and busses. Its like a hostile takeover. The Punk refugees leaving the city. It starts already at the breakfast bufé. "Glory days" and other New Jersey tunes fill the air. Everywhere you turn in the city there are a Springsteen tune played in a stereo. There are Springsteen photo exhibitions and the news papers have the Boss visit at the punk concert on the frontpage. I had a few hours to kill before my train leaves so I walk withthe stream of people to the big soccer arena Nya Ullevi where the Boss shall have his Nurnberg rally. I walk right into the sound check. Born in the USA is played at an increadible volume. Its a take no prisoners operation the Boss are into. Already have his loyal followers started to line up, I don´t envy them, the heat were as bad as the day before. I understand them, I know what kind of ecstacy they are in for. I got mine last night. A few hundred meter away 12.000 or something Jehova Vitnesses have gathered for an gigant prayer session at the hockey arena Skandinavium. I can´t help thinking that they missed God, he was showing his face at the West Coast Riot last night. I saw the light. But I guess they might be pissed off because the Springsteen fans God are bigger than theirs. Or at least more attractive. Asta Kask however told us that God spoke to them and she was a pissed off black, lesbian woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment